I’ve been getting some questions in my inbox about my daily makeup routine and favorite products, so I decided to do a post dedicated to the topic! Generally I don’t wear much make up and for the most part I have no idea what I’m really doing. So my routine is pretty simple and I just do what works for me. After years of trial and error, I’ve got a small assortment of products that I am fiercely loyal to. Here it is!
1. Aveeno SPF 30 face moisturizer
2. Aveda tinted moisturizer and powder - Great for daily usage because it’s very lightweight and still evens out the skin tone. When I need more coverage, I turn to Korres for their foundation.
3. Blush - Lately I’m using this peach hue from the Hello Kitty for Mac capsule collection. I also rotate between Benefit Perfect 10 and Nars Orgasm depending on my mood!
4. Nars “Madrague” eyeshadow duo - I’m not big on eyeshadow, I’m also super lazy about it. So I slop on these nudish tones and move on.
5. Loreal Voluminous mascara - It’s all about drug store mascara, and this does the job easily.
6. Shu Uemura eyelash curler - MUST. HAVE. ALWAYS.
7. Lancome Artliner - I was terrible at applying liquid eyeliner! But this one goes on nice and easy, it has more of a marker tip than those kinds with the little brushes.
8. Clinique Cream Shaper eye liner pencils - These babies are my jam! These pencils are super creamy and smudge right on for that effortless smoky eye look.
9. *BONUS!* Kiehl’s Rare Earth facial masque - I don’t use this every day obviously, but definitely worth mentioning because I travel a lot. I’ve recently turned to this masque to get my skin back in shape when I’m feeling beat from flights, sun, lack of sleep.
10. Nars “Barbarella” lipstick - A total fave and great for the day-to-day. I do Nars “Heatwave” when I’m feeling extra sassy.
11. Laura Mercier finishing powder - It’s basically sparkles in a jar! I brush this over my cheeks for some shimmer and what the make up counter dude calls “a dewy glow.” Buy 1 of these and it will last you a lifetime. I’ve had mine for like 4 years or something.
I’m no expert by any means, so when I have questions about beauty products I turn to my beauty bawse Baze Mpinja, a seasoned beauty writer/editor and friend of mine. Check out her blog for beauty tips!
- j-adore-cat likes this
- mebeinginspired likes this
- wonderfulslumber likes this
- thickfilipinochick reblogged this from sosupersam
- fashiontipsfromcomicstrips likes this
- yukariabe likes this
- maybetheonly likes this
- longlivethequeen likes this
- juliedao likes this
- theriomorphic likes this
- basementmanners likes this
- arrectorpili likes this
- meadow-larks likes this
- vaguepony likes this
- josephgordonloveit likes this
- thechicdepartment likes this
- vivasaurus likes this
- llaurenges likes this
- alexandranikole likes this
- mesheoburdin likes this
- yenni likes this
- kthelete likes this
- jackdsckrauser4 likes this
- sirayapa likes this
- puddinp0p likes this
- cautiouslyobsessed likes this
- samsosuper reblogged this from sosupersam
- lomowa likes this
- delakora likes this
- pleasenthanku likes this
- ghostdances likes this
- heartshapedglasses likes this
- joannacai likes this
- cjanea likes this
- itsmepriy likes this
- weirdinthewinter likes this
- angecho likes this
- evelyn-everywhere likes this
- thelinearaesthetic likes this
- amywinebox likes this
- luv4u93 reblogged this from sosupersam
- weusedtorun likes this
- you-sweetthing likes this
- staycl-assy likes this
- deathviamoon likes this
- notsosmalltalk likes this
- kat-mara likes this
- -gaaabs likes this
- blerdgirlchronicles likes this
- camillionaire likes this